|POLICIES & INFO. |
ATTENDANCE: Attendance is taken at each class. Classes cannot be "made up" for you must attend all of your regularly scheduled classes. Good attendance is imperative, as absences and tardiness can hold back an entire class, and the instructors cannot jeopardize its responsibilities to the rest of class for one student. If a student has missed two classes in a month, the instructor will notify the parent if a paid make-up lesson is necessary for the student to catch up. If a student absence becomes an on-going issue a meeting will be scheduled to discuss appropriate options. Please make every effort to have your child at every class.
SITTING OUT: If a student is unable to dance, but is feeling well enough to attend class, we expect them to participate by observing so that they will retain key elements of class. Students who feel ill, have a fever, or are exhibiting contagious cold symptoms should stay home and rest. Cases of prolonged absence due to illness or injury should be discussed with the teacher.
CODE OF CONDUCT: DANCERS ARE EXPECTED TO BE AT CLASS ON TIME AND PREPARED IN PROPER DANCE ATTIRE (SEE DANCE ATTIRE REQUIREMENTS). INSTRUCTORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISMISS ANY DANCER FROM CLASS WHOSE ATTITUDES ARE UNSATISFACTORY. HERE AT THE DANCE HAVEN, WE PROMOTE ALL DANCERS TO TREAT EACH OTHER WITH RESPECT, SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT.
DANCE CLASS ATTIRE: All students need to wear proper dance attire to class. At no time may a student wear jeans to class. Proper Dance Attire and Shoes are MANDATORY for safety and the overall well being of the students dance education. Please respect our policy, it is to benefit the students and allow them to become the dancer they desire to be. On Your Toes in Peabody, MA will provide a discount of 10% to all Dance Haven Students. All Jazz pants should be ankle length, ballet skirts, and shorts above the knee.
INSURANCE: THE DANCE HAVEN DOES NOT CARRY MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR ITS STUDENTS. It is required that all dance students be covered by their own family insurance policies.
SNOW OR BAD WEATHER: The Dance Haven generally follows the school closings. Depending on the given situation you should call the studio and check the class cancellation message. We allow for three snow days per class a year. A 4th snow day will be made up during April Vacation at no additional cost,all students are required to attend their snow day make up class. Dial Ext. 5 to see if classes are cancelled.
HOLIDAYS: Holiday dates will be posted and will be given to your child prior to holiday periods included in newsletters, email reminders and on our website. Other cancellations due to competitions or other out of town events will also be posted in advance and stated in newsletters and on our website calendar.
RECITAL: The recital will be held at the end of each regular season. The Dance Haven typically has our recital in June. A recital and dress rehearsal date will be posted once facility rental is approved and finalized. It is up to parents and guardians to make sure they do not schedule any other events during this time that may interrupt the dancers performance dates. Ticket prices will be advertised at a later date. Each student family will need to purchase a minimal amount of tickets based on enrollment and announced before ticket day.All attendees need to purchase a ticket, Infants will receive a free lap ticket if under the age of one years old, it is the LAW, and we need to account for everyone attending the recital. There are no exceptions to this rule. Anyone without a ticket will not be allowed in the event location.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR DANCE ETIQUETTE REQUIREMENTS & TIPS
IMPORTANT STUDIO RULES:
- NO GUM CHEWING IN ANY CLASS
- HAIR MUST BE SECURED UP OFF OF NECK AND FACE IN ALL CLASSES
- NO TOYS OR JEWELRY IN DANCE CLASS
- NO ONE IS ALLOWED IN CLASS OTHER THAN DANCERS.
- STUDENTS SHOULD HAVE WATER BOTTLE HANDY FOR SMALL DRINK BREAKS, IT WILL BE NEEDED AND IS NECESSARY FOR DANCERS TO STAY HYDRATED THROUGHOUT CLASS.
- PLEASE USE WASHROOMS BEFORE CLASS.
- SHOES AND PROPER DANCE ATTIRE IS REQUIRED
- DANCERS ARE TO BE PICKED UP PROMPTLY FOLLOWING CLASSES AND AT NO TIME ARE ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE FACILITY TO GO SHOPPING IN AREA WITHOUT PARENT/GUARDIAN OR PERMISSION FROM A PARENT/GUARDIAN
- IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS PLEASE DISCUSS THEM WITH DIRECTORS OR INSTRUCTORS WHEN IT DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH CLASS. WE ARE ALWAYS INTERESTED IN IMPROVING OUR DANCE EDUCATION PROGRAMS AND EVERY SUGGESTION WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.
- PARENTS SHOULD CALL TWO HOURS AHEAD TO LET US KNOW IF A STUDENT WILL NOT BE IN CLASS. IF NO ONE IS AT THE FRONT DESK, PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE ON THE MAIN STUDIO .
THE DANCE HAVEN IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT DANCE EDUCATION IN A CLEAN, FRIENDLY, FAMILY ORIENTED ENVIRONMENT. THE POLICIES AND RULES ARE TO ENSURE THAT ALL DANCERS GET THE EDUCATION THEY DESERVE. WE HOPE YOU ENJOY THE DANCE SEASON AND LOOK FORWARD TO A FUN AND EXCITING DANCE YEAR.